This horse has now been sold
A young horse who keeps stepping up to everything asked. Fifth at three-star National One Day Event Championships the month after turning only eight years old.
- 16.1hh Bay TB Gelding born 20th October 2000
- Very consistent easy-to-ride performer. Snaffle mouth in all three phases. Nearly always clear cross-country — worst performance at any grade has been a single ‘20’ jump faults.
- Results highlights latest season include:
- Placed 5th at CIC*** National One Day Event Championships out of 19 starters. One of only seven horses to jump clear over tough cross-country track – November 2008.
- Placed 4th and 7th at his two Advanced Horse Trials in good company. Both times jumped excellent clears cross-country with no anxious moments. In the second one also jumped a lovely clear in stadium – October and November 2008.
- Placed 8th at last Intermediate Horse Trial with another lovely double clear stadium and cross-country. He was one of only five horses out of 18 in the class to jump clear stadium over a very tough track – November 2008.
- Never out of top 10 at Advanced or Intermediate all season. Has not been pushed against the clock in any of these. Would have been even better placed if asked to go for time.
- Results highlights previously include:
- Placed 2nd CCI** 3DE – May 2008
- Placed 2nd Open Intermediate around identical course to tough CIC** where less than half the horses jumped clear cross-country – April 2008
- Won and placed many times at Prelim Horse Trails.
- Completed three CCI* 3DEs with three different riders, always with qualifying scores.
- Has approximately 45 Horse Trail points
- Placed 7th in 2006/07 Prelim Horse Trials National points series with 35 points (winner only on 49).
- Very honest jumper. Would never stop. Looks after himself very well and is careful and clever over a fence. Has never fallen schooling or in competition. Has only had a handful of cross-country ‘20’s’ throughout his entire eventing career. They have all been glance offs due to rider errors at technical combinations, etc. He has never actually stopped at any fence, nor has he ever not completed any jumping phase.
- Achieved dressage scores as high as 78% in Prelim Horse Trials.
- Snaffle mouth, easy ride in all three phases. Goes at the pace cross-country that the rider wishes – happy to canter round quietly, or can really gallop on if asked. (Was almost 30 seconds under optimum with fastest time of the day at CCI** 3DE).
- Was started by inexperienced young rider who took him to Prelim Horse Trial placings and only her second three-day event. More recently ridden by two top riders who have added polish to his natural basic ability.
- By Kashani out of Night Flight
- Always a gentleman to ride and handle on the ground. No vices.
Link to photographs
Link to videos